2011. október 23., vasárnap

Lesson NOT learned: Diaz shows up 45 minutes late for presser ? ?not my fault?

Next week in Las Vegas should be a hoot. With the injury to Georges St-Pierre, Nick Diaz has been boosted back to main event. It's an amazing second lease on life for the oddball welterweight star.

Surely, Diaz learned a lesson and will fulfill his most basic duties required by the promotion. Wrong.

Diaz was due on a UFC 137 media call today at 2 p.m. ET. For 45 minutes, it was deja vu all over again. Diaz was nowhere to be found and his "people," including manager Cesar Gracie frantically attempted to corral the fighter. At 2:45, they finally found their man and what unfolded from there was pure hilarity.

"Nobody called me in the last week or couple days or anything and said there was a call," Diaz said. He then explained that he was sleeping when he, "woke up, my phone was dead, and my brother's telling me I'm supposed to be on a call. I don't know anything about it. It's as simple as that."

Those same people who eventually saved him today, are often letting him down.

"I've got all these people, business people and big money people around me trying to make deals," Diaz said (46:50 mark). "I don't know anything about that. All I know is somebody's getting paid like over a hundred grand just to tell me what I'm supposed to do and what I'm not supposed to do."

Diaz then seemed to suggest these same hired hands screwed him out of the title fight opportunity he lost against GSP.

"I'm like, for that much money I think I could have had somebody standing around and telling me, 'Hey, you can't miss this press conference. That voids the whole contract and then you're out. You're not making [expletive]. You're not fighting [expletive]. You ain't making no money. So you have to be at this thing.' It's simple."

Expect more of the same next week. You have wonder though if the promotion's patience is wearing so thin that Diaz must produce a win over Penn to stick around.

cave scuba diving mma mma fighting cage fighting mma frenzy

Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése