2011. június 16., csütörtök

UFC 131: Weidman gets another first-round win

Chris Weidman continued his winning streak with a first-round submission over Jesse Bongfeldt at UFC 131 in Vancouver, B.C. on Saturday night.

Bongfeldt used kicks to Weidman's face to start the bout, but then was lateraled and reversed by Weidman to get the fight to the ground. Weidman, a Division I wrestler from Hofstra, had no problem controlling Bongfeldt from the side. Weidman didn't let up for the rest of the round, even when the two returned to their feet. Weidman threw a knee, and Bongfeldt attempted a takedown, but gave up the guillotine. Weidman cranked, and Bongfeldt tapped at 4:54 in the first round.

After the fight, Weidman said that he injured his knee in the bout, and then gave a plug to his Twitter account.

"If you think I'm good, good-looking, a good fighter? Hook me up," Weidman told UFC analyst Joe Rogan.

UFC fighters have been promised bonuses for strong performances within social networking, so expect more mentions of Twitter. Also, expect more strong performances out of Weidman, who is 2-0 in the UFC and undefeated overall. Among his six fights are four first-round stoppages.

"I have a lot of dangerous moves from that position, so when I had his head, I knew I could pull off the choke. It felt good to have a full camp to prepare and work on all parts of my game. I'm ready to do whatever possible to keep improving and I'm looking forward to getting back in there," Weidman said.

Bongfeldt is now 0-1-1 in the Octagon, and 15-5-1 as a fighter.

downhill skiing helicopter skiing ocean scuba diving cave scuba diving mma

Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése