2011. április 16., szombat

Agitated Greg Jackson growing tired of the bashing in Evans-Jones beef

Rashad Evans is going to work in Florida and Jon Jones will be in Albuquerque. It's pretty much set in stone when, the light heavyweight teammates from Jackson's Submission Fighting, prep to meet some time later this year.

Jackson joined ProMMARadio to bring some clarity in the beef� between the two fighters. Larry Pepe did a nice job of pushing the envelope in what clearly is a very sensitive situation for Jackson. The renowned trainer is generally cool as a cucumber, but got a little testy (3:00 mark).

"To be clear, I don't know how many more times I'm going to say it," Jackson told the dogged Pepe. "If Rashad Evans said to me ' Greg, absolutely I do not want Jon Jones on the team. No way.' Where in any of my 16-year history would I have been like 'the heck with that, I'm just going to bring him on the team anyway?' There's nothing about me that says that. I've never done that before. I've never done that since."

Jackson said repeatedly that Evans didn't make it clear from the beginning that he had a problem with Jones joining the team. He also told Ben Fowlkes that he did not agree with Jones' decision to take the fight against Evans.

As a result of all the drama, neither fighter will have the benefit of using Jackson's expertise for the fight. Jackson told Pepe he will not train Jones. That role will taken over by Mike Winkeljohn. Jackson won't corner either fighter on fight night.

If Evans ever chooses to return to Albuquerque to work with Jackson, the trainer said he has no bad feelings and he'd welcome him back with open arms.

mountain climbing wrestling wwf wrestling skateboarding surfing

Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése